How Hydroseeding Works
Hydroseeding is a process that utilizes a special pump to spray a combination of water, seed, fertilizer and mulch to create a substance that is easily spread, takes root quickly and is very uniform. The application is wind-proof, wash-resistant and stays where it is placed – even on steep slopes and hillsides. hydroseeding has been used on large scale areas by smaller aircraft to fertilize damaged landscapes that have been subjected to natural disasters such as wildfire or drought.
Advantages of Hydroseeding:
- Soil stabilizer may be added to hydroseeding fertilizer tanks in order to avoid introducing non-native plant species.
- From an environmental perspective, hydroseeding could be used to restore riparian vegetation in cleared land.
- Hydroseeding is in many ways a more economical way to fertilize and can be completed in a very short period of time.
- Hydroseeding is efficient for use on hillsides and sloping lawns to help with erosion control and short-term planting.
- Hydroseeding typically costs less than planting with sod or other traditional forms of fertilization.
- High germination rates mean faster grass growth in about a week and mowing maintenance beginning around 3 to 4 weeks from the date of application.
- The fiber mulch used during the hydroseeding process accelerates the growing process by maintaining moisture around the seeds thereby increasing the rate of germination.
Our hydroseeding service is the fastest way to create a lush, green lawn that goes from barren dirt to mowing in just 4 to 6 weeks and is an excellent option for those in need of planting to control erosion.
We can also load our sprayer with wild flower seed and your landscape will burst into bloom with color.